I don’t know why, but I love learning weird, random facts about people, especially those I’m closest to. Today I wanted to share some things about myself that most people, aside from tight family and friend relationships, don’t know 🙂
1. I HATE being splashed while in the water. It’s not even a matter of not getting my hair wet (who goes swimming and doesn’t get their hair wet?), it’s just annoying, and sometimes I have my contacts in. If you splash me, I’ll either attack you or tell you to bug off and get out (not really childhood- I’ve always been like this!) 🙂
2. My favorite cereals growing up were Cap’n Crunch Crunch Berries, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, and Cinnamon Life (although I don’t know if these were around when I was super young). Berry Kix, Reese Puffs, and Lucky Charms were shortly behind.
3. One summer when I was 8 years old or so, my cousin Brad and I had a “Who Can Eat the Most Oatmeal Crème Pies the Fastest Contest”. I lost, got sick, and 20 years later cannot fathom even trying a bite of one again.
4. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be a psychologist when I grew up. I don’t know why or how I learned what a psychologist even was (mama has seen a few in my later years, but never when I was little!).
5. I LOVED having a brother so much when I was little that I wanted my sister to be a boy, too. In fact, I wanted his name to be Randy (as in J.T.T. from Home Improvement). Another fact: parent’s never found out the gender of my siblings and me (I’m sure the grammar is wrong in this sentence). This whole big hoopla may have not been as prominent back in the 80s/90s, but I LOVE this! (Who the hell did gender reveal parties back then…guess we need to find a reason to get gifts or be the center of attention at any occasion, eh?…just kidding…not, haha).
6.) I’ve thought John Stamos was a fox since I was 5 years old. Seriously. I wanted my brother to be named Jesse. My Ken dolls were named Jesse. I’d name Tyler Jesse if I could…kidding for real 😉 This hawk is my mom’s age, but he’ll always be on my list even when he’s old balls. Click on the links below to listen to my favorites of him- I know I’m super lame!!!
am was OBSESSED with the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake. Going to the video store to rent VHS movies was the highlight of my life. Sadly, this fascination continued on into adulthood and over time I have acquired most of the 1980 Care Bears movies either on VHS or DVD, and a few Strawberry. Berenstain Bears were also up there, as was Rainbow Bright, Lady Lovely Locks, and My Little Pony. Please tell me I’m not the only one that loved 1980’s/90’s cartoons….
8.) I hated my name in elementary and middle school. I thought Kimberly was supposed to be a 1960’s hippie or housewife. When my friends and I would go to Discovery Zone and I’d always say my name was Stacy or Rachel I went on to learn in my later years were two slutty names. JUST KIDDING! Seriously…kidding. There are plenty of hoes named Kim out there, I’m sure 😉
9.) I’ve wanted to name my future daughter Skylar since the fifth grade. I babysat a little girl who had this name and fell in love with it instantly. This went on for years until I met my now husband- Tyler. I still held onto it while we were dating, but the whole rhyming thing started bugging me over time. Then TJ and I watched the entire Breaking Bad series, and he said no fucking way to the name (he hated Skylar, haha). I was pretty much over it at that point…Skylar Singleton sounds kinda porn-ish…and if we have a future daughter, we want her to be good like her mom 😉
10.) Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. My birthday and Christmas are too close together (my birthday is exactly 2 weeks after Christmas), so that always blew donkey balls. You get ripped off (a combined gift is not cool, people!), people are broke, or you’re forgotten about. It’s -20 degrees and there’s 4 feet of snow on the ground…yep, definitely complaining, haha.
Anyways, my mom used to dress us up and show excitement about Halloween, so I think that’s why I love it so much.
What are some random childhood facts about yourself?
Did you have a favorite food, name, job, TV show, holiday?